How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Friday, October 29, 2010

Hope

The phone call with the woman who just got back from India with her son really gives me hope. I am still feeling buoyed by it two days later. The fact that she sees changes, and she reported changes in another kid with autism who was there at the same time, is remarkable to me, and shows me that we are doing the right thing by taking this chance. Josh and I have been focused on potential physical changes - improving his low muscle tone and the changes that might cascade from that - but if we see changes in his cognition too, that would just be whipped cream on top.

And at this point, I have to say that even if we don't see any changes at all, I still think we are doing the right thing. I see lots of reasons to hope, and I think our decision to pursue stem cell therapy is a rational and reasonable one. Granted, a rational and reasonable adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment