How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Joyful

I want to put Julia's whole post on here (see my post below), but I can't figure out how. She describes the joy she sometimes feels when in thrall to her autistic obsessions and it kind of makes me understand Cash in a new way. Instead of seeing how "inappropriately" he gets excited sometimes (he does flap a bit and hop), I hope I see his enthusiasm as an expresssion of pure joy. I hope I can honor it and celebrate that he is experiencing the happiness of joy. Not everyone actually gets to be that happy - it is actually super nice that Cash does. That makes ME happy.

And in fact, I should note that Cash is pretty happy most of the time. He complains and fusses sometimes, but usually he seems content and occasionally he is joyful. We try hard to meet his needs and fulfill his wishes. And we do let him enjoy his favorite things - namely, music. His smile is one of the best things in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment