How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Thursday, March 17, 2011

You said you would, Mommy

Last night Cash woke up after he'd been put to bed. He was upset. I asked him what was wrong and at some point, he signed cookie. I told him we did not have any cookies, and he howled. Really howled. Finally I asked if he wanted chips and he nodded yes emphatically. I got the chips, he settled down (leaving salty little crumbs in my bed).

I said to him in a quietly serious way that it would be better to use his words when he wants something rather than getting upset, and that of course I would make every effort to get what he wanted if he would ask nicely. A moment later he carefully signed frog, please. I replied that Frog was asleep in his room while he, Cash, was hanging out in Mommy's room. Immediately, the face crumpled and the hue and cry began. I of course scurried off to get Frog, my bluff having been CALLED.

No comments:

Post a Comment