How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little more serious

A very nice gentleman from CNN called yesterday to ask if we would be interested in participating in a show about stem cell treatment overseas. It is an overwhelming prospect, but a potentially exciting one. Heather knows some people at CNN, so she checked it out and all looks legit. Josh and I talked about it today - he is more reluctant than me. I feel like when we decided to do stem cells, we signed up to communicate about our experience, good or bad. I truly believe that in 20 years we will know a ton more about stem cells, how they work, what they work well on, proper treatment, etc, but in the meantime, we are on the forefront of this innovative medical technology. We are the ones adding to the store of medical knowledge, the ones trying to find out what works. As such, I feel we have a responsibility to share our story.

Josh is not as certain as I am that Cash's recent positive developments can be attributed to stem cells. I understand his doubt - we certainly cannot be SURE. But remembering Cash's progress from before India and seeing his progress after we returned (walking, increased responsiveness, etc), I just feel that the stem cells have helped speed up his RATE of progress. Regardless, Josh and I have agreed to return to India to give it another shot - I am glad he is willing to see what happens this time.

And maybe we will talk this all out on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment