How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday

So I ended up doing my presentation on Friday on autism. I shared a few cutie pictures of Cash and talked about what autism is, causes, diagnoses, and treatment. Everyone was very nice and said I did well. I hope so - I get nervous speaking before a group, but I kind of like it too. And with autism so prevalent these days I hope it helped people understand more about the condition.

To me, it sometimes seems like Cash is barely autistic. He is so responsive these days - talkative, interactive, responsive. But then I see him around other people or I see a normal kid and I remember how different he is. Nonetheless, I think we keep seeing progress in his willingness to interact with others. He is totally great about hi and goodbye now, and he will shake hands and usually make some eye contact. Plus with us, he gives hugs, pesters, and cuddles.

We had a good weekend. Yesterday, Cash, Gramma, and AD went to visit some horses to check out possible horseback riding lessons and today we watched some football. I checked out a church this morning with a special needs classroom - we may go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment