How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Risk

Someone reminded me the other day that no change is not the worst outcome possible from stem cell treatments - that there could be negative side effects or even permanent harm.

Dr. Schroff reports no negative outcomes in her years of doing this, but of course it could happen to us. I know this. I don't like to think about it, but I do know it. And I admit that I am (semi-) prepared for no change, but I'm not prepared for Cash to be hurt in a lasting way, partly because we've assessed the risks, and permanent harm seems unlikely. If I didn't believe that Cash will be okay, I couldn't do this.

I believe that we've been given a chance to expand his possibilities, though that chance comes with a certain amount of risk, and we've got to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment