How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Normal

So I woke up last night at 3:30am after a minor nightmare, looked over at Cash's sweetly sleeping face, and got a little sad. Sadder than I have been in awhile. About him, I mean. I think it is partly because we spent yesterday evening with a cute family with an adorable little boy - I couldn't help but compare him to Cash a bit, even though I really really try not to do that. I try to focus on Cash as himself and as my normal. Sometimes I think I trick myself into thinking he is not as delayed/slow as he is. I think it is RIGHT that I focus on what he does, not what he doesn't, that I celebrate his accomplishments, not fulminate on his deficiencies. But that sort of means I have a skewed viewpoint, and every once in a while I remember what normal kids are like. It is hard.

Cash is getting his two new front teeth. How are those huge teeth going to fit into his tiny mouth??

I am going to turn down a job tomorrow - this is the second one. It's just not quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment