How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Friday, June 17, 2011

Reality

There was this little girl who came by my office yesterday with her mom, who is a member of the summer staff. She's probably about 2 and she was very cute. It struck me as I talked with them how different Cash is - I mean, I KNOW he's slow and his behavior is autistic-y, but I usually just deal with him as he is. This was one of those moments that I didn't have my guard up and got surprised by how normal kids act. It sucks. It makes me sad, even as I am so happy for his recent progress. He's been doing amazing new things lately, but he's still my funny little guy. I wish ... oh, I wish ... but there's not point in wishing. I've just got to deal.

In a happier vein, I nearly ate Cash up yesterday with kisses. He is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment