How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring

I just want to take a moment to say how happy I am that we went to India and did stem cell therapy for Cash. I think stem cells are amazing. I still believe we'll know much more about them and how they work in 20 years, but we couldn't wait that long for Cash, and in the meantime, they have clearly had an effect on him. I'm proud we found the money and the hope to do this, and I'm proud we are on the cutting edge of medical research.

This morning as I carried him into school, I was thinking about all the stem cells swimming around in his blood, finding a place to latch onto, and then growing and blooming. I picture them saying "Well, let's help out here!". Of course I know the actual mechanics of how they work are prosaic, but stem cells make me feel poetic and exuberant. It's like it's spring inside Cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment