How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Thursday, January 20, 2011

No peas, please

Cash is attempting to become a picky eater. For the last two days, he has snubbed his healthy proteins and veggies (esp the veggies) in favor of trying to get bread or chips. Today at lunch he shut his mouth like a little clam whenever I came near him with peas, and then he signed "cookie", which was unexpected because he has rarely used that sign - but he clearly knew what it meant.

A confession: I have let his gluten-free diet lapse. It was just a little too challenging to do here, given the other dietary restrictions and the clinic's set menus. And now apparently Cash is on to the game and is seizing his chance to eat nothing but gluten.

In other news, he is really standing MUCH longer now. I took a video last week and then one today, and there is a difference. Of course the leg braces help.

AD is happily adjusting to India. Here is an email exchange between Heather and I:
> From: Heathers
> Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:05 AM
> To: Stephanie Krolick
> Subject: Re: bye!
> Have a good dinner! Is my mom settling in well?
On Jan 19, 2011, at 10:00 AM, Stephanie Krolick <skrolick@aspenmusic.org> wrote:
> She is! She is much more resilient and adventurous than she pretends to be.
> From: Heathers
> Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2011 7:17 AM
> To: Stephanie Krolick
> Subject: Re: bye!
>She was very stressed that everyone thought she would be freaked out, so I'm guessing she is displaying her Superwoman side to prove us all wrong.

I read this exchange to Aunt Dianne and she was amused - she says she does not know why we would doubt her ability to do anything at all, let alone hang out in India.

1 comment:

  1. Good evening Stephanie and Josh
    My name is Claire Wambergue (bureau.miami@gmail.com) I am a french journalist based in Miami, FL, and I am now preparing a TV report about stem cells therapy. I lived in India for 3 years before moving to the US, in GKI, three blocks away from Dr Shroff clinic in Delhi. I would like to know if you would agree to get in touch with me, and if if you have any plan to go back to India soon with Cash?

    ReplyDelete