How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sparky

Well, Cash was excellent today. To be honest, I had been feeling a tiny bit down, not seeing much progress, even though I know realistically that any progress is likely to be small and take awhile. But while nothing today screamed "stem cells!", he did do a bunch of very nice things, including stand on his own for a long time (without braces, remember) and use a marker to color. Plus he was personable and engaged. It feels good.

There's a video posted to Facebook of him standing. I still can't get videos to load on this site.

Miscellaneous: We took a walk to Deer Park after therapies; the food at the clinic is getting a little old - lentils, lentils, lentils; the weather is warming up, though Dr. Geeta told Mom to dress more warmly; Cash visited Dr. G in her office today - she was having a meeting, but her door was open, so Cash ambled in with his walker and admired her artwork; new patients have arrived at the clinic - I'll miss Lucas, Demila, and Cindy; I am eating a frightening amount of chocolate; Mom and I are keeping up on the latest Bollywood gossip (it's all about Shah Rukh Khan, you heard it here first); we like all the staff except the meanie front desk girls; and, I really like India. It's a fascinating place.

1 comment:

  1. Stephie,

    I am cooking Butter Chicken for dinner tonight. Not only do I have the recipe in an Indian cookbook that I own, but I also cooked this specific dish on March 5, 2006, and wrote "Fabulous!" on the page. I have no recollection of this whatsoever. Getting old.

    We are loving the blog, and we are so thrilled to see Cash responding to treatment. Keep it coming, you can seriously not write enough, we are eating it up.

    Love,
    Lenor

    ReplyDelete