How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Sunday, November 27, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

Cash and Josh just left for India. I will miss Cash so much.

So it turns out that having CNN around has made this process much tougher. Last year it was very difficult to make the decision to go to India and our departure was filled with anxiety and urgency. This year, I had been pretty calm about it - I knew what to expect and I knew what to hope for. But having CNN question the whole premise made me rethink it all - which I think is appropriate. I like that I take things very seriously and truly consider other viewpoints, but sometimes I envy those who are filled with a strong sense of their own rightness. - Anyhoo, I spent the last two weeks, and especially the last 3 days, really thinking about stem cells and our decision to try them on Cash. It sent me into a mini-crisis. I worried that I am fooling myself about the efficacy of stem cells, that we are wasting money and time. I worried that I will look like a gullible idiot on TV. I thought it all through and talked about it on film (arghh)  and went to some of the dark places. It was really tough. But ultimately I landed the same place I started: this is worth a shot. If this helps, I will be so happy. If it doesn't, then we will be fine.

I admit that if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't do the TV thing. It put more pressure on the whole endeavor.

And yet, Cash is off to India right now, and I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment