How to donate

Make tax-deductible checks payable to: Help Hope Live, with "In honor of Cash Burnaman" in the memo section

Mail to: Help Hope Live, 150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-120, Radnor, PA 19087

For credit card donations, please call 800-642-8399 or visit helphopelive.org (enter Cash Burnaman into the Find a Patient field.)
__________________________________________________________________________


Friday, November 4, 2011

Up all night

It's 11:00pm. Cash is up and strolling about. He took a nap this afternoon. I didn't think it would make much difference - ha.

As I sit here typing, Cash is next to me on his toy computer. It is one of his faves these days. Plus today I confirmed that he has figured out how to unlock my phone. I found him goofing off on it, dialing China and whatnot. In related news, we saw a feature on 60 Minutes last week where they showed children with autism using iPads to communicate. I'm a little suspicious that we should buy Cash one - I think he might be able to get a lot out of it. He already uses sign language, so he gets the idea of using words to communicate, and he likes computers. I don't know that he is quite ready for the full-out picture based programs, but I think maybe he should start the learning process. The problem is that buying an iPad is not cheap, especially since I don't know if he will use it appropriately. The money would be totally worth it if he would use it to communicate, but I don't want to just buy him an expensive toy. I'll have to think about it a bit more....

Cash has now moved on from the computer to his piano. Apparently we are having a dance party tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment